Are you reading this from a mobile device?
Based on the statistics below I’m willing to bet that you are.
Optimizing for mobile-friendly is one thing that if you haven’t done already, you have to do in 2017. – No excuses.
Check out the following 7 shocking statistics regarding the connection between in mobile users and the Internet:
1. 80% of internet users own a smartphone. (Smart Insights)
This stat has been steadily increasing over the past few years and will continue to do so as cell phone services are choosing to give away free phones with contracts.
2. 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine. (Smart Insights)
This is why you want to rank on Google. If your website is not responsive or mobile friendly it will take a hit on its algorithm and Google will place sites that are, above yours.
3. Google says 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead. (MicKinsey & Company)
Not only are you turning away potential leads, but you’re opening the door to your competitor’s office who offers a much better mobile experience.
4. 83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important. (Wolfgang Jaegel)
Now part of our society, a seamless experience is no longer an option – it’s a requirement.
5. 91% of mobile users say that access to content is very important. (Wolfgang Jaegel)
If your content isn’t reachable, what is the point even putting it online.
6. 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. (CMS Report)
Web design is no longer just about looks, it’s also about the experience. A harmony of the two will have you laughing.
7. 88% of consumers who search for a type of local business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours. (Nectafy)
A flashback to childhood of your mother telling you first impressions really do count. People search you out when they’re ready to buy and a great mobile experience makes the decision even easier for them.
- Your non mobile-friendly website is losing you leads and sales that you probably didn’t know about.
- You can safely assume that if your clients have internet, then they have a smartphone.
- Clients are more likely to recommend and buy from a business with a better mobile experience.
Want to test your website to see if its mobile friendly, run it through Google’s Mobile-friendly Test. Simply copy and paste your URL in the search bar. If you would like more information about how this can be solved, we’d love to help! Give us a call at (855) 936-2211, or email us at [email protected].